and the sun sets on another year
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
painter finishes what the builder left undone
Monday, December 28, 2009
icewine grapes in Niagara
Friday, December 25, 2009
reflecting far fewer trees in its windows from when it was built in 1849
the chimneys below are also from this house
Thursday, December 24, 2009
The chimney is clean, the sky is clear,
the hearth awaits with a bottle of cheer
Monday, December 21, 2009
The Olympic Torch has been running a relay through the country and on the weekend, it blew though my city. Quickly, quickly, it has a long way to go to get to Vancouver in time!
and... at 4:17 today, as I was posting this, I had my 4,000th visitor! WELCOME one and all and thank you for visiting and for all your encouraging comments! (especially as this particular shot is not one of my best, but he was running!)
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
|There are times when silence has the loudest voice.|
Thursday, December 17, 2009
When the daylight fades and the shadows fall
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me...
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Festive homestyle dining with cheerful waitresses
Monday, December 14, 2009
This swinging Bears Blues Band is a favourite among the annual Festival of Lights animations at our park by the lake.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
under a grey December sky
Koi, brightly coloured
Thursday, December 10, 2009
|"In order for the light to shine so brightly,|
|the darkness must be present."~ Francis Bacon|
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Doorways to the Holidays at
Monday, December 7, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Burlington Skyway Bridge
with Canada Geese coming in for a loud landing
Thursday, December 3, 2009
trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky -Kahlil Gibran
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
I look out the window sometimes to seek the color of the shadows and the different greens in the trees, but when I get ready to paint I just close my eyes and imagine a scene.
Monday, November 30, 2009
In Ontario, if you want to buy liquor, you must make your way to a government run Liquor Control Board Of Ontario, or LCBO, store. You can buy wines at individual wineries, but if you want wines and spirits of the world, this is where you shop. This local LCBO in downtown Burlington is housed in what has variously been used as a fire hall, a post office and a jail.
The pigeons find it a particularly delectable spot.
Friday, November 27, 2009
windows onto an alley
Thursday, November 26, 2009
and the clouds swish around the CN Tower
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
into every life a little rain must fall
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
St Luke's Church
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
St Peter and St Paul from the Greek Catholic Church above
Saint Nicholas from the Eastern Orthodox Church below
These two churches are situated across the street from one another.
It is St Nicholas who is reflected in the door of the post below.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
reflected in the door of
Thursday, November 12, 2009
A window onto Ottawa Street
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
jostling for attention
on a city corner
Thursday, November 5, 2009
- ► 2017 (104)
- ► 2016 (63)
- ► 2015 (76)
- ► 2014 (77)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (240)
- ► 2010 (200)
- and the sun sets on another year SkyWatchFriday
- painter finishes what the builder left undoneWindo...
- icewine grapes in Niagara Before and After
- Foxbar reflecting far fewer trees in its wind...
- The chimney is clean, the sky is clear, the hea...
- The Olympic Torch has been running a relay through...
- There are times when silence has the loudest voi...
- When the daylight fades and the shadows fallLet t...
- Festive homestyle dining with cheerful waitresse...
- This swinging Bears Blues Band is a favourite am...
- Festival of Lights
- under a grey December sky Koi, brightly coloured c...
- "In order for the light to shine so brightly,the d...
- Doorways to the Holidays at the Royal Botanic...
- It is that time of year...choosing poinsettias at ...
- Burlington Skyway Bridgewith Canada Geese coming i...
- trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky -K...
- I look out the window sometimes to seek the col...
- In Ontario, if you want to buy liquor, you must ...
- windows onto an alley WeekendReflections
- and the clouds swish around the CN Tower SkyWatch...
- Shuttered Windows in Bath WindowViews
- a turtle on a trike at the Royal Botanical Gardens
- It was a rainy drive home in the city last night,t...
- into every life a little rain must fall SkyWatchFr...
- Art is the window to one's soul St Luke's ChurchWi...
- The art of life lies in a constant readjust...
- St Peter and St Paul from the Greek Catholic Ch...
- Take the time to come home to yourself ever...
- A window onto Ottawa Street WindowViews
- Lake Ontario shore on a particularly clear day!
- old yellow new yellow
- jostling for attention on a city corner Weekend Re...
- one blustery day same sky, two views from the wes...
- ▼ December (19)