a riff on an elegant coffee cup (yes, it really is squint!)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
|Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.|
- Zen Saying
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
"Color is a matter of taste and of sensitivity." ~ Edouard Manet
Monday, January 25, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Park Plaza Hotel
New York City
Thursday, January 21, 2010
|"The sky is the daily bread of the eyes."~ Ralph Waldo Emerson|
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
"Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless."
Monday, January 18, 2010
Beach Canal Lighthouse
This 90’ limestone lighthouse sits under the Burlington Skyway at the canal between Lake Ontario and Burlington Bay. Built in 1858, it has sat dormant and abandoned since it was deactivated in 1968. This lighthouse replaced a wooden structure which caught fire when a steamer ran against the wooden pier (apparently a common occurrence, due to high crosswinds) creating sparks that engulfed the pier, the lighthouse and the keepers’ cottage. To make sure this one was fireproof, it was built of limestone with seven foot thick walls at its base. Since it was built, it has been surrounded by three bridges and can easily be missed. There is a group actively working towards restoring the lighthouse with the aim of opening it to the public.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
cityscape reflected in a Christmas bauble in a travel shop window
The sky was partly cloudy as the birds swooped around
Williamsburg Bridge NYC
Thursday, January 14, 2010
a building in Midtown Manhattan gets a glass clad facelift
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Pigeon House at Dundurn Castle
Monday, January 4, 2010
The calmer waters on the Burlington Bay side of Lake Ontario are a favourite site for these Canada Geese, Mallard Ducks and the Trumpeter and Mute Swans during the winter. Volunteers put out bowls of corn feed which has these Mallards really excited.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
For those uneasy with the world, solitude is the only guarantee of confidence.
~The Quote Garden
taken on 01.02.2010
happy palindromic day, the second of this century (the first was 10.02.2001)
- ► 2017 (104)
- ► 2016 (63)
- ► 2015 (76)
- ► 2014 (77)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (240)
- a riff on an elegant coffee cup (yes, it really...
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.- Zen Sa...
- "Color is a matter of taste and of sensitivity." ...
- you go girl
- Park Plaza Hotel New York City Window an...
- "The sky is the daily bread of th...
- "Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless....
- Beach Canal LighthouseThis 90’ limestone lighthou...
- waiting on a subway train with our bags
- cityscape reflected in a Christmas bauble in a tr...
- The sky was partly cloudy as the birds swoop...
- a building in Midtown Manhattan gets a glass clad...
- Pigeon House at Dundurn Castle WindowViews
- The calmer waters on the Burlington Bay side of ...
- For those uneasy with the world, solitude is t...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2009 (172)