a riff on an elegant coffee cup (yes, it really is squint!)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2017 (104)
- ► 2016 (63)
- ► 2015 (76)
- ► 2014 (77)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (240)
- a riff on an elegant coffee cup (yes, it really...
- Knock on the sky and listen to the sound.- Zen Sa...
- "Color is a matter of taste and of sensitivity." ...
- you go girl
- Park Plaza Hotel New York City Window an...
- "The sky is the daily bread of th...
- "Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless....
- Beach Canal LighthouseThis 90’ limestone lighthou...
- waiting on a subway train with our bags
- cityscape reflected in a Christmas bauble in a tr...
- The sky was partly cloudy as the birds swoop...
- a building in Midtown Manhattan gets a glass clad...
- Pigeon House at Dundurn Castle WindowViews
- The calmer waters on the Burlington Bay side of ...
- For those uneasy with the world, solitude is t...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2009 (172)
Great reflection, love the cup too!
Very good eye for composition. I love the wood cup and saucer.
What a cool cup! The table is polished to a mirror finish yielding a great reflection.
This is a great shot. I love the way the wood grain runs through the reflection. Nice capture! Kathy
Coffeedoff: that cup was so cool! I wondered at first why the waiter was bringing two creamers, then realized they were the cups
Jum: thanks. the grain showed up very well, much better than I imagined it would.
Woody: very interestingly shaped cup, for sure. it is a brand new restaurant, so nothing is marred, yet!
Kathy: thanks, that wood grain was a bonus, I was concentrating on the shape of the cup
Interesting. But the big question is can you actually drink from it without spilling it on yourself!
It would be a strange experience to drink from that cup. It would be hard to keep your lip straight. I think I would contort my whole face.
Rebecca: it is actually just as easy to drink out of as a perfectly formed circled cup.
Nora: it was a little strange - you keep wanting to turn the cup to drink from the far end opposite the handle, but no dribbling or making faces happened.
Funny and cool, I love it!
The reflection is perfect - and that cup is funky!
Great reflection and I like the cup. I think there are more less obvious reflections too.
Cielequimper: the coffee cups amused us greatly, at the time, too! thanks.
Serendipity: thanks. I'm attracted to funky.
James: thank you. you are right - and I cropped out a chandelier to concentrate on the cup
It is a great capture! The table is spot clean and I could see the grain of the wood.
that's a very cool photo, nice cup and saucer too
Ebie: thanks. (shiny new table and neat eaters!)
Juliet: thanks. that cup and saucer was quite the artistic piece
Interesting cup. I'd probably spill my coffee trying to figure out "level". You were right about the elegance though -- very classy reflection.
Quilly: it is actually level, just stretched out on one side, like having a wide spout!
Post a Comment