an ICEFEST was held in Yorkville (Toronto), many people were rushing their visit to get home in time for the hockey game, only to have our team suffer a loss...
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2017 (104)
- ► 2016 (63)
- ► 2015 (76)
- ► 2014 (77)
- ► 2013 (82)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (240)
- Life is a Wonderland … full of Distortions Weeken...
- Industrial CloudsSkyWatchFriday
- The Rotman School is expanding The design o...
- an über urban waterfall
- an ICEFEST was held in Yorkville (Toronto), many p...
- Accept each day, each moment as it comes.. ...
- at Princess Margaret Hospital Cancer Centre the...
- "When you hear the splashOf the water drops that f...
- Flying Swans over a Frozen Lake SkyWatchFriday
- "Space and light and order. Those are the things ...
- Icy Webster’s Falls February 7, 2010 MyWorldTuesday
- Lincoln Center Fountain with Metropolitan Opera a...
- exactly a year ago, steam rose off the lake on...
- "Buildings, too, are children of Earth and Sun." ...
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2009 (172)
Marvelous shots! Love all the ice sculpture! Some people are just soooo talented! Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!
Sylvia: thanks. there were many more, but these came out the best - besides, I went for the theme - local and Olympics (and the 'Super Sunday' of hockey games being played all day!)
very cool shots!
I find ice carving fascinating and so amazing, great piccies.
Sarah: I wish I'd seen them actually creating the sculptures, but that happened the day before...
Beautiful sculptures. We have a winter carnival here where there are some marvelous ice sculptures!
Sorry about the loss of the hockey game btw. (ahem...)
Sistertex: yeah... it was ugly
Sydney - City and Suburbs
J Bar: though the weather wasn't quite cool enough!
Loved the Yorkville Icefest and enjoyed it when I lived in Toronto. Even blogged about it.
I have to say, I'd have lingered longer over the ice sculptures - they look infinitely more interesting than hockey! Greetings from Italy via MyWorld.
Rob: I sort of miss your points of interest in TO, but am really enjoying your points of interest in UK!
Louise: me too! I happened to be there around 4pm and I overheard a few grumblings of "I really want to get home [by 4:40] for the game". I was hoping it would get much less crowded.
It is so frustrating to always be running only to miss what is in front of us. Beautiful photos. I also love your Skywatch Friday photo. Thansk for sharing.
Carolyn: thanks. I was even wondering while I was there if you were still in town?
great find love the contrasts of nature and urban
Amazing ice sculptures.
I can hear the TV on in the next room - Team Canada is winning tonight...so far.
Char: contrasts are always good.
Stine: go Canada go. (personally, I'm watching the ladies short program; figure skating until after midnight... again)
Very nice ice figures!
Post a Comment