HMCS Haida is the last remaining of the 27 Tribal Class destroyers built for the Royal Canadian Navy, the Royal Navy and the Royal Australian Navy between 1937 and 1945.
The ship operated with the Atlantic Fleet in the post-war years and in 1950 she was taken out of service for modernization and conversion to an Anti-Submarine escort.
After Korea, the ship served in the Canadian Atlantic Fleet working mostly with NATO forces until she was paid-off and taken out of service in 1963.
At the beginning of August 1965, she opened to tourists - a naval museum, maritime memorial and Sea Cadet training ship.
In 2003, she was towed to Hamilton Harbour where the 377' ship continues as a National Historic Site.